Recently, Urban Releaf Executive Director and founder Kemba Shakur was honored as a Sole of the Year by Barefoot Wines. As part of the celebration, Kemba, UR staff, and friends toured the Gallo winery and attended a meet ‘n’ greet at the employee store in Modesto, led by Barefoot execs Randy “love bunny” Arnold and Elizabeth Windram. Check out the slideshow by EKAphotography.
- Cal-FIRE Staff Tours Oakland Trees, Meets Urban Releaf Staff
- Urban Releaf Receives Two Awards, Steps Up its Policy Platform
- Urban Releaf Celebrates Earth Day 2014
- Environmental organizations join community members for Earth Day “Green Up Day of Action”
- Urban Releaf teams with Ile Omode and Wo’se to plant trees in East Oakland
#URImpact AB32 Acta Non Verba Urban Youth Farm Arbor Day Foundation awards Barefoot Soles of the Year 2013 Cal-Fire Communities for a Better Environment community community service Earth Day Earth Day 2014 East Oakland economy EJAC environmental justice gentrification Green Jobs Kemba Shakur meetings MLK day of service Morton Award Noel Gallo non-profit North Oakland Oakland Policy politics PR press releases recognition reforestation SB535 Coalition tree planting Tree Services Unity Council urban forestry Urban Releaf Urban Releaf 15th Anniversary UR News Wangari Maathai West Oakland Year in Review Youth youth development