Recently, Urban Releaf Executive Director and founder Kemba Shakur was honored as a Sole of the Year by Barefoot Wines. As part of the celebration, Kemba, UR staff, and friends toured the Gallo winery and attended a meet ‘n’ greet at the employee store in Modesto, led by Barefoot execs Randy “love bunny” Arnold and Elizabeth Windram. Check out the slideshow by EKAphotography.
- MLK DAY OF SERVICE 2016: 275 VOLUNTEERS JOIN RELEAF TO BRING AIR QUALITY TO FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Oakland Needs to Take the Lead on Urban Forestry
- MLK Day of Service 2015: 200 volunteers join Urban Releaf to beautify East Oakland
- G Street Transformation Project Is Underway
- Cal-FIRE Staff Tours Oakland Trees, Meets Urban Releaf Staff
#URImpact AB32 Acta Non Verba Urban Youth Farm Arbor Day Foundation Barefoot Soles of the Year 2013 Cal-Fire Cal Enviroscreen Communities for a Better Environment community community service Earth Day Earth Day 2014 East Oakland economy EJAC environmental justice gentrification Green Jobs HOPE Collaborative Kemba Shakur meetings MLK day of service Morton Award Noel Gallo non-profit North Oakland Oakland Policy politics PR press releases reforestation Robert Zahn SB535 SB535 Coalition tree planting Unity Council urban forestry Urban Releaf Urban Releaf 15th Anniversary UR News Wangari Maathai West Oakland Youth youth development